Come, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code System

I've been trying to find a good system for studying and marking scriptures as I prepare for a new year of Seminary. I found several great systems, that I'm sure would work well for many other types of people, but for me personally I wanted something engaging, colorful, efficient, meaningful, and relevant to me personally. Inspired by several which were based off of Preach My Gospel, I decided to have mine follow the Come, Follow Me curriculum.
Come, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code SystemI started off by listing the twelve topics, and then branching them out into more specific topics. I personally love using crayons to mark my scriptures, because as long as you do it lightly, it leaves them in bright color without bleeding through or ripping the pages. I ended up with a list of about 40 sub-topics, but then realized it would be best to simply stick with a standard 24-pack of crayons. So I narrowed it down to 22 (because black and white are sort of pointless in this application), and carefully paired the colors with the topics.
For those topics with more than one area to cover, I kept them within the same color family. And coincidentally for colors spanning different topics, in most cases a similar theme is maintained. For example, Prophets and Commandments are entirely different topics, but with many doctrinal ties, and the similar shades reflect that.



I have these charts in two styles, one with colored backdrops separating the monthly topics, and another without for those who are more ink-savvy. Both styles come in full-size (8.5 x 11) and bookmark size (four to a sheet).
Just click the image of your choice to be taken to a printable PDF version.
Come, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code SystemCome, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code System
Come, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code SystemCome, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code System
And for those who aren't crayon fans, or think 22 is overwhelming, I have a version for colored pencils :)
Come, Follow Me: Scripture Marking Color Code System
Of course, feel free to adapt it for your personal study however would be most helpful. If you have any input or suggestions for how this could be revised, please let me know!

Labels: ,